muscovy drake attacking other drake

binji

Chirping
Jul 2, 2016
jenkins and fionn were raised together under the assumption that fionn was a duck and jenins a drake but we were wrong. just within the past two or three days jenkins has become aggressive and has started fighting with our dog and pulling Fionn's tailfeathers. is there anyway to stop this besides relocation or murder?

How old are they? You said you were wrong about your duck/drake assumption. Did they both turn out to be drakes?

I would separate them for awhile. Generally boys will get along when there are no girls around. You might have the exception. What kind of dog? I did read recently drakes will try to mate with anything. If it's a small dog, I would not let the drakes anywhere near it
smile.png

ye i can try that
and the dog and the ducks are actually about the same size, but she likes to play with them and i dont know if the ducks are playing back or attacking but she?? loves it???? it doesnt look like mating but ill keep an eye out
thank you!

ye i can try that
and the dog and the ducks are actually about the same size, but she likes to play with them and i dont know if the ducks are playing back or attacking but she?? loves it???? it doesnt look like mating but ill keep an eye out
thank you!
How's it going now?

he really on seems to do it once or twice a day and it's not that bad and they still like to hang out, considering i only have two of them, so i havent yet resorted to isolation. but if anything does get worse ill probably clip his wing and put him in the sheep pen

he really on seems to do it once or twice a day and it's not that bad and they still like to hang out, considering i only have two of them, so i havent yet resorted to isolation. but if anything does get worse ill probably clip his wing and put him in the sheep pen
If it's not that bad, I would just continue to watch them closely which sounds like you are already doing
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom