Muscovy duck egg hatching..?

So this little one never made it :(
Today there was still no movement, no more sounds and no signs of life. I opened carefully a little air hole and saw the duckling, not moving. I opened more and saw that the entire yolk was still there and the duckling was with her head in the pointy end, away from the air sack. Poor little one, was looking forward for the adventure of two chicken ladies mothering a Muscovy duck but it wasn’t meant to be this time.

It's so sad to say but if the egg got moved during the 4-5 days prior to it's hatch time it could have got confused or stuck in the wrong position and not been able to reach the air pocket side or maybe got yoke in it's lungs? I've read multiple places that that's why it's so important they not be disturbed so close to hatch time and they stay fat side up. I have 4 babies successfully hatch by my momma Muscovy the day before Easter and I didn't know at all when they were due unfortunately I think the same thing happened to 1 of the baby's/egg when I tried to candle, I heard a peep and imediatly put it back in the nest sad to say that one didn't make it either. not sure if it was laying on the same side that it was when I took it out because momma got upset and I had to get it back under her fast might've got put back upside down and not have enough time/energy to turn back or got drown by yoke? 😭❤️ We're you able to see if it actually internally pipped if it was stuck in the small end? So sry for your little duckling loss ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Muscovy incubator hatching- first time. Day 36. 8 eggs. 4 external pips and one egg with dark circle on small end of egg?? What is this spot. Does it need help? Also, is external pips large enough? Anything I should do? Lockdown Temp at 98.5 and humidity at 62%. Is this okay? 1 vent fully open. Nurture right 360 incubator.

Attachments

• FBF3C191-9C60-42A9-86EB-4C4B47BC51B4.jpeg
    FBF3C191-9C60-42A9-86EB-4C4B47BC51B4.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 957C4145-4972-469C-BBE3-05F7E8B51706.jpeg
    957C4145-4972-469C-BBE3-05F7E8B51706.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom