Muscovy Duckling colors

what colour is the mum, you said the dad was white, if you can tell us the colour of the mum you can work out the colour possiblities and this can narrow down your choices, can make it easier.

Just to give you an idea on how much they change.. 2 days old
200x200px-ZC-f9f69ef7_IMG_1954.jpeg

teenager.....
200x200px-ZC-f7d96f1d_42327_img_2334.jpeg

adult, same drake..
200x200px-ZC-9de8d636_42327_november_15th_2011_008.jpeg
Wow. I didn't realize they could change that much. He's gorgeous!

They sure do! They sure are pretty> found homes for them yet?
fl.gif

Unfortunately, no.
sad.png
someone is coming for 3 tomorrow but that leaves 8 plus the adult pair and the chickens. I really don't want to stick them on craigslist for free because I want a good home. There is someone local that does rescue and she took some roos I had but I don't know if she does ducks.
hit.gif
I still kind of want to try to sneak 2 of the babies to Alabama. I'm like I need a house with a privacy fence.

ok,so that duck looks chocolate to me, so mated with a white drake you expect, white, black and if your drake carries the chocolate gene, chocolate as well.

Are your ducklings a light brown? Like this one? I thought I had a chocolate but as you can see as it's feathering out it's not brown but a light purplish brown.
lol.png
I'm now speculating that I have two .... Lavender/Lilac/Blue-Fawn....whatever you want to call it. I still don't understand the differences btwn those three colors.
Here is another view. The one standing up. I thought you had to have a chocolate drake to get lavender/lilac ducklings or does he just have to carry a chocolate gene?

Are your ducklings a light brown? Like this one? I thought I had a chocolate but as you can see as it's feathering out it's not brown but a light purplish brown.
lol.png
I'm now speculating that I have two .... Lavender/Lilac/Blue-Fawn....whatever you want to call it. I still don't understand the differences btwn those three colors.
Here is another view. The one standing up. I thought you had to have a chocolate drake to get lavender/lilac ducklings or does he just have to carry a chocolate gene?
Yes they do look like that! I found a site online that lists the colors for Muscovies. I only thought there were white, blacks, chocolate and blue or however you call them.

In the second picture, the darkest one, do you think he'l be black? I thought I had one that would be black, but now I'm not sure anymore. He's not like the one in the pictures. In yor pictures are they around 1 week or older?

I will be taking pictures of all mine today outside. My camera isn't the best. I broke my nice one, so this one will have to do.

Back
Top Bottom