muscovy duckling gender? (pics)

nanaluvsgps

Songster
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
Australia
I picked up this little cutie at the produce store the other day because I couldn'

t resist him, and he was asking me to take him home. I'm just wondering if any muscovy breeders out their think by the shape of it, if it is a boy or girl. I know you can't really sex them unless vent sexing but he is way to old, approx 2-3 weeks. Any ideas? :)

By about 5-6wks it becomes more obvious, i find that is usually when i can spot them and i have raised quite a few now from ducklings. The shorter leg is promising towards a duck but it can throw you, some birds are a touch slower in their growth(leave you guessing for awhile)

Either way, a cutie! enjoy!

aww, really hoping for a drake but either way I will be happy. He is very loud and peeps non stop but probably because he is lonely. When we take him out he hates to be handled but will stop peeping and go to sleep in your lap if your not patting it. Took him out side today and he just jumped into the big girls bath tub, and started zooming around. does any of that point to a drake? also he will pec at anything and nothing more than your fingers!

updated pics, still thinking girl? I watched some vidios on youtube on how to vent sex ducklings and I did it so gently that I don't even think i did it right. I couldn't see anything though? I'm now thinking girl :D It has pin feathers everywhere except for the wings.

its foot size is the same as my two 1 1/2 old female ducks, feet grown really fats since last post. and allmost as tall now but a little shorter. guess we will find out sooner or late, if it was a drake how old would he be when i would know for certain?

Back
Top Bottom