Muscovy Ducklings & Story *PIC heavy!* Update 6/20

If those 2 chocolates mysteriously disappear one day...it was NOT me!
love.gif
droolin.gif

I now have my answer to what the 3 ducks I had last year were. 2 were that coloring of the last one, with the chocolate barring and I just thought they were mutts. I knew #3 was a scovy cause he was getting the red on the face. But yeah this was where I lived last year, and one I think got eaten by a fox the other two I know the neighbor's dog killed...Dog came back a week later sniffing at my chicken pen and well...Since animal control didn't do anything about the dog, I did I shot the dog and oh boy did I have a fit with the neighbors but I warned them and told them when I seen it carrying one of the duck's carcasses that it set foot on my property again it was dead.

I loved me ducks from last year, they were uber friendly. The ones I have this year are decently tame, but much more prefer to do their own thing especially when I run out of treats. lol.

Hey kid, I really need some of those, haha.

That scovy I got from you is hatching a clutch right now. They're pipping as we speak. Did she come from this flock? Can I get barred?! LOL

Ohhhh, that chocolate barred pied is absolutly beautiful!!
droolin.gif
love.gif
Now I have an excuse to keep my little beautiful black barred pied duckling girl. I have a chocolate draklet I think I could breed her with. Chocoate barred pied! How pretty!!!!

Yes JordAn here mom is the some as the mom of these so yes!

Edited because I always spell your name wrong LMAO

Last edited:
Well, now that more are hatching out in my King Suro 20, I’m starting to get confused between which are Muscovy/ Khaki Campbell, I’m proud of the hatch so far, considering it was my first time hatching ducks, plus quails together, plus using eggs that were not 100% guaranteed fertile to hatch duck eggs, plus the fact that Muscovy’s are supposedly hard to hatch:

Since Saturday 9 pm was lock down: 32 day Muscovy, 26 KC, 14 Quails

Out of about 14 Quail eggs put in with this hatch, 10 have hatched out so far.

Tuesday, June 2, 2010
50183_photo_29.jpg

Wednesday, June 3, 2010:
50183_photo28.jpg

I’m very excited that I have 1 white Muscovy.
ya.gif
:ya:ya

There are about 11 duck eggs still in the King Suro left, and would make today day 37 Muscovy, and Day 30 for KC…some eggs are cracked, and still waiting…so hatch is still going good. Just need to wait a couple more days, hopefully more hatch?

barnie.gif
bow.gif
:barnie
caf.gif
:caf:caf

Here is a video of them going outside and enjoying the pond. Enjoy.

new mighty ducklings: http://blog.phillipconover.com/?p=182

Hey Ryan, Wednesday has 5-6 babies at the moment. I think only 7 of the eggs were viable. One of the ducklings looks EXACTLY like the one you posted on the first page asking if it was barred. And one is yellow with a dark bill and a dark tail, so I hope I got a couple barred in the group! She's a blue pied, as you know, and the father is a chocolate pied so we'll see!

Back
Top Bottom