Muscovy Ducklings & Story *PIC heavy!* Update 6/20

Here they are today! What a change! It is after bath time lol The ones I kept (6) I got 5 hens and 1 drake!!! Perfect 2 gals escaped camera so I will get pics of them later!
065-1.jpg

063-1.jpg

060.jpg

066-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

Last edited:
They are gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful scovies you have there!
love.gif
love.gif

You managed to keep a good flock, with 5 girls and 1 happy man to take care of them.

Again, beautiful beautiful! Keep on taking them pictures! I have to go take some better pictures of my muscovy babies with mom and my new 3- 5 wk old runners.

Take care!

That's interesting, about Barred Muscovies. We are new to the breed, have done a lot of research, and started with 3 females and one male in February. Our first babies hatched out in May (they are almost 5 weeks old), the second batch two weeks later. The 3rd mama was setting until 2 days ago when she got off of the eggs! We found her off of them in the morning and they were stone cold just days before hatching! We borrowed and incubator and set them up, and after a few hours of warmth, they started "twitching." We candled them all this morning and they are trying to poke through into the air pocket, and one has a little crack in the shell. They are on day 36. I know it says 34-36 days for baby Muscovies to hatch, but our first mama set on them for 39 days (we were giving up hope!) and the second 38. any way, both batches do have a few babies that are solid yellow with a band of black at the end of the tail. I thought it was interesting. The drake is black and white, the first mama is lavender, the second is pure white, and the third is black and white. By the way, today we found two duck eggs back in the empty boxes! The drake has been segregated from the babies, so we know they aren't fertile.

Back
Top Bottom