Muscovy Ducklings

coffeepheasant

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 19, 2011
96687_p1010785.jpg

I think that there are two pied and one chocolate pied. there was a white but it hatched in the night and when i got up it had been squashed by a goose egg
hit.gif
hit.gif
. This is the first time i have hatched ducks of any sort, i stick to pheasants, and i bought the eggs off ebay. When i look at the ducklings their legs look splayed, i am hoping that it is just because they are big chicks and that they will be fine
fl.gif
. Has anyone else noticed this with this bred???????

I'm afraid I've never had Muscovies, but your pictures are seriously tempting me, they're so cute!
clap.gif

I'm not sure if it's characteristic to the breed--if they are walking fine on their own and without any discomfort, they should be all right.

Here's a bump in any case!

Ducks can take a couple of days for them to walk properly. Just be sure you ahve them on good footing.No newspaper or anything like that as it gets slippery and will cause the splay leg to worsen. I particularly like shavings for this reason.It's a good moisture control and provides good sturdy footing.

i have them on shavings and a towel. It has been three days and i took them outside for the first day where they ran round the garden like IDIOTS!!!!!!
wee.gif
. So i am sure they will be fine, 2 pekin ducks have hatched since to give them some friends
big_smile.png
They have the most amazing personalities in the world even more than goslings, they make me soooo happy best decision of my life to get some eggs. Every poultry keeper should have some!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom