Muscovy ducks!

muscovy573

Chirping
Dec 21, 2016
So years of having chickens I have wanted to take on a trio of ducks. After lots of research and calling around I fell in love with the Muscovy ducks! After months of trying to find the right bird (I wanted barred and pied ducks!) I finally found the best lookin trio!

Now, I have raised chickens and Iv heard ducks can be the same but need a few different things. Can anybody help me out in this new chapter for the farm?!

Attachments

• IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    415.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    827.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    857.1 KB · Views: 3
There is a muscovy thread you could check out in the ducks forums.

They are nice looking birds. What kind of information are you looking for?

There is a muscovy thread you could check out in the ducks forums.

They are nice looking birds. What kind of information are you looking for?
Basically what I can feed for winters? I have a creek that will supply all sorts of food and a huge field for bugs and what not so forage won't be an issue till winter. Just want to make sure they are getting a well rounded diet didn't know if they were like chickens and needed that extra boost or could forage for all their needs.

Here. There is some information on here, but if you need more ask away! There are great and helpful people on this thread that have helped me. I was in the same boat as you, still waiting for some ducks though. I'd love to talk ducks with you!
Thanks! We have always had chickens and iv always wanted to venture out. Ducks just seemed fun and then i read up on the Muscovy and fell instantly in love! I will definitely keep a forum open about progress and lessons learned!

I feed mine a pellet all flock ration year round. They forage really well, and definitely prefer to forage over the ration, so don't be afraid feeding them will cut down on the foraging.

Back
Top Bottom