Muscovy eggs Hatch-A-Longs

Mihai

Crowing
Jan 1, 2020
Singureni, Romania
This year my musocvy female wasnt a very good mama and didnt hatch anything. Gathered 20 musocvy eggs from them and this time i will try to hatch them in a incubator. The eggs are in the incubator for one hour
Here is my plan on hatching them:
Temperature
37.5°C

Humidity
50.5% and the last 2 days 70%

Turning
Three times a day every 8 hours

Misting and cooling
On day 10: 7 minutes cooling
On day 14: I raise the time to 15 minutes and also start misting the eggs at the beginning of the cooling period
On day 21 til day 33: it goes to 20 minutes of cooling with the misting at the beginning of the cooling period

I will give weekly updates. I also wait feedback about my plan and any improvements if you have
If i will have a bad hatch rate we will think and make it better togheter

Last edited:
Heres the embryo development until now
20200618_120330.jpg

20200618_120405.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the pics

Last edited:
I small update
From 22 eggs that i puted in the incubator 11 were fertile and 11 not
From those 11 eggs that were fertile just 9 have ducklings in them
If it remains like this it means the hatch rate should be very good

How is your Muscovy hatch going? I was getting ready to do a Muscovy hatch after also having a hen that hasn't set but after reading alot on Google I'm wondering if I can do it, loads of posts are saying they don't work well being put in an incubator.....im so desperate for Muscovy babies 😍

How is your Muscovy hatch going? I was getting ready to do a Muscovy hatch after also having a hen that hasn't set but after reading alot on Google I'm wondering if I can do it, loads of posts are saying they don't work well being put in an incubator.....im so desperate for Muscovy babies 😍
8 days left
7 eggs with alive ducklings in them

I'm super excited for you! 😁, would you mind telling me your technique, mine are going into incubator tomorrow evening. Thanks

I'm super excited for you! 😁, would you mind telling me your technique, mine are going into incubator tomorrow evening. Thanks
This was my technique

Temperature
37.5°C

Humidity
50.5% and the last 2 days 70%

Turning
Three times a day every 8 hours

Misting and cooling
On day 10: 7 minutes cooling
On day 14: I raise the time to 15 minutes and also start misting the eggs at the beginning of the cooling period
On day 21 til day 33: it goes to 20 minutes of cooling with the misting at the beginning of the cooling period

Its not the best but you can try it if you want

Back
Top Bottom