Muscovy hatching 10 days early

now it doesn't matter if it is a mallard, lol
highfive.gif
It will since she said wanted a quiet breed. If the duckling turns out to be a female.. your're screwed they are very loud.

Its definately a mallard, there's no way a muscovy can hatch out at 28 days.. It's impossible.

Niblet is adorable, congrats new duckling mama.

The seller of the eggs responded and said they might have gotten the eggs mixed up since their daughter collects the eggs for the mallards and muscovies in the same basket. They said to wait and see if it is a chocolate pied muscovy or mallard.

Niblet looks like a boy judging from the vent sexing video I saw, but I never sexed one before so I might be wrong. The seller of the eggs is sending me blue pied muscovy eggs to replace the others and there would be no mixup because they are white eggs. Should receive them on Monday so March 12 we could have muscovy babies.

Niblet looks like a boy judging from the vent sexing video I saw, but I never sexed one before so I might be wrong. The seller of the eggs is sending me blue pied muscovy eggs to replace the others and there would be no mixup because they are white eggs. Should receive them on Monday so March 12 we could have muscovy babies.

thumbsup.gif
I love my Muscovies they are just like lil puppies and hopefully your lil mallard will fit right in with them. Blue Pied, wow what a blessing. I have a blue/white and she is lovely. Keep us updated on when your eggs get to you and how things progress.

Update..picture of the replacement eggs. Please tell me they are Muscovy eggs, 3 look a lot like the first batch. 1 is more peach tinted.

Update..picture of the replacement eggs. Please tell me they are Muscovy eggs, 3 look a lot like the first batch. 1 is more peach tinted.
They look like scovie eggs, but i haven't seen one peach tinted. Some of mine when they first lay will have an olive tint but it goes away pretty quick. Hoping you get a great hatch!
fl.gif

Update...we have veining in all 4 replacement eggs!! Is it normal to have veining at 4 days after setting? I'm so scared they sent the wrong eggs again, we saw veining early on the mallard egg they sent the last time. Need some reassurance here.

Update...we have veining in all 4 replacement eggs!! Is it normal to have veining at 4 days after setting? I'm so scared they sent the wrong eggs again, we saw veining early on the mallard egg they sent the last time. Need some reassurance here.

Veining on day 4 is perfectly normal. Surely they wouldn't have sent you the wrong eggs again. LOL.

Another update...looks like we have twins in 1 egg! It did not look like it had a double yolk when I set it. And the peach tinted egg has a much smaller less active baby, wondering if it will survive.
What an adventure this is turning out to be! We finally got the layette for Niblet last week, but the baby diapers won't stay on, the neck hole seems too big and his feet keep getting stuck in the belly part. He is growing so fast that he is fitting in the largest diaper in the set.

Back
Top Bottom