Muscovy keepers share your pics!

the best pic I have of them next to each other

We had a conversation about this yesterday on fb. It was said they were 7 months old and all the same size

Well, today I lost Fudge :hit I have no clue what happened, just found him dead just like Praline. Perhaps they hit the age where genetic defects kick in, like sometimes happens with chickens. All the other birds are fine, including the waterfowl. It was just those two. So I guess I'll just let Lacie, my goose, hatch some scovies for me this spring when she goes broody. Until then, I'm not gonna get any more. Maybe they weren't ready for the extreme cold we're starting to get, I don't know, but I'm just so sad to have lost them both.

Well, today I lost Fudge
hit.gif
I have no clue what happened, just found him dead just like Praline. Perhaps they hit the age where genetic defects kick in, like sometimes happens with chickens. All the other birds are fine, including the waterfowl. It was just those two. So I guess I'll just let Lacie, my goose, hatch some scovies for me this spring when she goes broody. Until then, I'm not gonna get any more. Maybe they weren't ready for the extreme cold we're starting to get, I don't know, but I'm just so sad to have lost them both.
I'm so sorry Pyxis. no warnings before hand?

So yesterday, I decided to move my ducks nest bc they were soaking wet (the ducks and eggs)
1f629.png
as I was moving the eggs, I noticed that some eggs were really small compared to the others.... Is that a sign it's bad?

Back
Top Bottom