Muscovy keepers share your pics!

s
Yeah she has lived much longer then she was meant too and ive tried my best to let her have a happy life so :) yeah he will be ok
I am glad you've nurtured Christmas to live as long as her breed allows. When will you be able to let the boy out of his crate? You have to admit it's sweet that he loves the bird who is so different from himself.

My gander was hatched by a Muscovy ducks and she raised him according to duck philosophy he knew no different, just probably thought he was a giant Muscovy for 5 years till I got another goose, So i bring home a 4 month old goose for him and he wanted no part of her he had bonded with his surrogate mama and that was that. So after about a month of him always chasing the goose away I separated him from his mom/mate[yes it does get complicated] and finally after 5 months and breeding season starting for geese he fell in love. They have been inseparable ever since.Sam the gander is going to be 8yrs old this coming May 27th and he now has his own flock since we added 2 goslings last June. So moral of the story is they can be reformed back into their own species it just takes a bit of time. He doesn't even recognize his mom the Muscovy now.
smile.png

She drank a lot of water and now its coming out of her nose because unlike us if you turned her upside down her throat reflexes are pathetic compared to ours so if she ate/drank a lot she wont keep it down
thank you is there anything i can do or will it go away?

I have a question..

When do Muscovies start mating and laying?

My male grabs a t my female with his beak, but she just honks/screams and runs away and he'll chase her a bit and give up.
He's also very temperamental with my chickens if they walk too close, one chickens used to pick on him when he was a duckling, now he grabs her tail and scares me away from him whilst he's eating.
My female doesn't want anything to do with him, but they enjoy napping on the lawn together.

And hen they do mate, how long afterward will she begin to lay?

My husband and wifey are nearly 5 months old.

I am glad you've nurtured Christmas to live as long as her breed allows. When will you be able to let the boy out of his crate? You have to admit it's sweet that he loves the bird who is so different from himself.

Thanks oh he is in a bunny hutch he has actually quite a bit of room so just until he completely scabs over and gets a good heal coming on no he is a sweety and he has very unique opinions but i think its cute :)

I have a question..

When do Muscovies start mating and laying?

My male grabs a t my female with his beak, but she just honks/screams and runs away and he'll chase her a bit and give up.
He's also very temperamental with my chickens if they walk too close, one chickens used to pick on him when he was a duckling, now he grabs her tail and scares me away from him whilst he's eating.
My female doesn't want anything to do with him, but they enjoy napping on the lawn together.

And hen they do mate, how long afterward will she begin to lay?

My husband and wifey are nearly 5 months old.
The females arent ready to be mated yet, when they are, they wont honk and run away, the female mate when theyre around 6 months old i guess, my ones did and i dont know about the laying yet, i just wait for them to start.

Back
Top Bottom