Muscovy keepers share your pics!

He was lucky to get you and to be exposed to a variety of birds in close proximity. He's a mixer for sure. Your mad scientist paragraph is super cool. I agree with all of it!!
Thanks I try to do my best and give them a well worthy life :) Thanks so much glad you get me!
My latest: -Kathy
SO CUTE!
LOVE. What are those sweet little things sitting on?
I believe it's the bottom of a hatcher or somethin

Clark taking a little stroll
he is cute poult. I love his iridescent feathers. Do he and Lewis get along?

he is cute poult. I love his iridescent feathers. Do he and Lewis get along?

Thanks me too he shines in the sunlight so beautifully yes Lewis and him are siblings Clark is lower ranked drake but he just doesn't like confrontation so he lets Lewis be top drake he never ever fights anyone he just a complete sweety and loves Assyra and Damascus.He lets me pet him when I have food for him he is very quiet most of the time unlike Lewis he and Lewis are much different Lewis is a show off and loves to tease and Clark is quiet and likes to just sit in the shade by himself like he is thinking.

Thanks I try to do my best and give them a well worthy life :)

Thanks so much glad you get me!
SO CUTE!
I believe it's the bottom of a hatcher or somethin
yes. Love science. Fascinating it is. Re the hatcher; sure is impressive the things people have to batch back yard fowl.

yes. Love science. Fascinating it is. Re the hatcher; sure is impressive the things people have to batch back yard fowl.

Yeah I just love how an egg turns into a bird in just a couple weeks it's mezmerizing I just can't believe it and after hatching now every time I take an egg from the coop im like,"hatch or eat?" :lol:
Yes that too!

Ducks can lay all year once they get proper nutrition. If ur asking at what age, I would say a duck is fully mature and starts to lay by 6 months. Contrary to popular belief that the first batch don't have 100% hatch rate when my ducks first start laying I did I get 100% from a couple of them. Calcium is very important for young ducks as well as protein. I give my ducks pellet mixed with whole or crack corn 50/50 and I put molasses in the drinking water for the calcium. There are laying mash but its not as effective as the molasses. Overall ducks on this diet look healthier and more vibrant.

Yeah I just love how an egg turns into a bird in just a couple weeks it's mezmerizing I just can't believe it and after hatching now every time I take an egg from the coop im like,"hatch or eat?" :lol:
Yes that too!
that made me laugh poult. Hatch or eat? Hmmm. And what's amazing is that the girl birds produce these funny shaped orbs inside their bods.

Back
Top Bottom