Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I was reading about that actually, it is recommended but it would be an inside outside goat, like a dog lol, so It would have friends inside and everything, plus I would get a girl so no much agression and I would get her spade an dehorned just so it would be okay to have inside.

Last edited:
I FINALLY got my first muscovy egg from Trouble!!

And I added 3 more muscovy ducks 2 chocolate pied and a black barred pied?

And what do the neighbors think about it? Hopefully you just mean lay her egg because if she is actually nesting I don't think she'll last long.

The neighbors are, thankfully, very patient. When I found her this afternoon she was sitting on three eggs. Ugh, I hate to do it but she cannot brood up their flowerbed! Like you said, it's too dangerous for her to be nesting there, plus I don't think our non-poultry keeping neighbors would handle the mess she makes very well. Lol I've put her back in the duck run with her boyfriend for now. (She had been free ranging with the chickens) Hopfully she'll best in there and give up the idea of raising her kids on foreign soil.

The neighbors are, thankfully, very patient. When I found her this afternoon she was sitting on three eggs. Ugh, I hate to do it but she cannot brood up their flowerbed! Like you said, it's too dangerous for her to be nesting there, plus I don't think our non-poultry keeping neighbors would handle the mess she makes very well. Lol I've put her back in the duck run with her boyfriend for now. (She had been free ranging with the chickens) Hopfully she'll best in there and give up the idea of raising her kids on foreign soil.
Maybe put up a sign that says "There's No Place Like Home" maybe she'll take the hint.
wink.png

Guess who's duck eggs finally hatched
1f601.png

The first little one out of 13!

I've got a ton of questions......
What do they eat? Aren't they cold or will mama duck keep them warm?

Help!! Lol

Guess who's duck eggs finally hatched
1f601.png

The first little one out of 13!

I've got a ton of questions......
What do they eat? Aren't they cold or will mama duck keep them warm?

Help!! Lol
Congratulations what a cutie, they can eat chicken starter or duck starter. they usually aren't too hungry first couple days because they are still living off the yolk sac but put the food down anyway and water too. make sure anything deep with water they can't get into though because they can easily drown. Mama should keep them warm they will climb under her feathers. Hopefully more hatching today!

Back
Top Bottom