Muscovy keepers share your pics!

My females are great fliers but having a river down below our home makes me nervous to let them have full flight. Too many Muscovy's in the rivers around here because they fly off from home and can't find their way back. I can't take the chance. That is actually how I got started in Muscovy's by meeting 2 drakes in our river.

Thank you!

In terms of genetics it looks like you're the person to go to as well.

The lavender drake is being sold as I have a chocolate drake.
I'm not finding much on chocolate x silver. Am I looking at still being able to auto-sex ducklings? From my research I'm seeing that chocolate x blue produces lilac and chocolate ducklets, but I'm struggling to find information on the silver gene and what produces it.
Chocolate drake over silver females will produce blue males (split to chocolate) and lilac females

My daughter's Muscovy babies...:love
IMG_1922.jpg
IMG_1870.jpg
IMG_1877.jpg
IMG_1941.jpg

Very easy to tell drake from female size is a big giveaway. and thick legs, legs set apart under drake closer together under female to where she looks pigeon toed. Drakes hiss and huff and females make a trilling sound.

I have 1 duckling. "She" is a little over 4 months old. I don't know her sex and was wondering when to expect her to get her caruncle? She is an indoor duck and goes everywhere with me. I just flipped her wings because she really flies.

Attachments

• 20171208_132949.jpg
    20171208_132949.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom