Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Pics of all my new babies I've hatched out the last 24 hrs

Awwe!too cute

Sorry to bother you guys again. I'm still trying to figure out the gender of my ducklings. Now we're at 6 1/2 weeks. It's looking like the black one might be a drake. He's a little bigger overall with bigger legs, beak, and feet. Was hoping for two ducks, but looking more like a duck and a drake. Opinions? I really appreciate your replies!

Sorry to bother you guys again. I'm still trying to figure out the gender of my ducklings. Now we're at 6 1/2 weeks. It's looking like the black one might be a drake. He's a little bigger overall with bigger legs, beak, and feet. Was hoping for two ducks, but looking more like a duck and a drake. Opinions? I really appreciate your replies!
I'm only guessing, going by the foot/leg size you might be right???

OK, here are two different pictures of my drake, feet included! :). So, votes on his official color?

Everyone agree that she is lilac?

I hope this is a better picture.

The baby girl in this photo....is it possible to guess what color she will be? She looks whitish, but not pure white, and then there is that light grey kind of color on the top of her head.

Also, I think her mom looks like a pied chocolate.

I looked at the web sites that Miss Lydia gave (good sites) and googled and stared until my head started hurting....i just cant figure out the colors.

So, i tried to puzzle it out with that breeding color chart...i am still stumped.

Mostly, it is that drake! Is he silver, or self-blue/lavender? I don't think he could be anything else.

But then, i am pretty sure about the three females that were with him. The black and white pied is clear(not shown in these pictures, but in an earlier post). I think the one you'll thought was lilac does look lilac, especially now that i know that lilac is chocolate with one dilute gene. We named her milk chocolate. The duck that brooded the eggs sure looks like a chocolate pied to me.

But then, what are her babies? The girl has some faint cream (super light brown) lacing on some feathers...so she will be a cream or maybe a self-blue/lavender, right? And the boy completely confuses me, maybe he is a simple chocolate, but maybe a blue-fawn.

So, genetically, what does that make the drake?

I looked at the web sites that Miss Lydia gave (good sites) and googled and stared until my head started hurting....i just cant figure out the colors.

So, i tried to puzzle it out with that breeding color chart...i am still stumped.

Mostly, it is that drake! Is he silver, or self-blue/lavender? I don't think he could be anything else.

But then, i am pretty sure about the three females that were with him. The black and white pied is clear(not shown in these pictures, but in an earlier post). I think the one you'll thought was lilac does look lilac, especially now that i know that lilac is chocolate with one dilute gene. We named her milk chocolate. The duck that brooded the eggs sure looks like a chocolate pied to me.

But then, what are her babies? The girl has some faint cream (super light brown) lacing on some feathers...so she will be a cream or maybe a self-blue/lavender, right? And the boy completely confuses me, maybe he is a simple chocolate, but maybe a blue-fawn.

So, genetically, what does that make the drake?
The Daddy?
lol.png
sorry I couldn't resist. I have a beautiful fawn colored duck so maybe your going to have one too, I'm having trouble getting the color of your drake in my head pics just don't do it for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom