Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GardienneWings

GardienneWings Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    I have a new color showing up in my flock this year, can anyone tell me the "official" name for it? I have Chocolate Pieds, Black Pieds, a Chocolate hen, and Whites. My Chocolate hen is darker and more solid colored than these girls who are, as you can see, more of a laced khaki color. I do have Khaki Campbell but they are securely penned on the other side of the farm so no chance of hanky panky. [​IMG]

Val

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

I see this with my drake and young ducks they just like to let them know who's boss I think those lil tail feathers that kind of stick out when they are between 4-6 weeks old are usually gone in a couple of weeks due to my drake pulling them out and even the ducks will grab them if given the chance. I'd make sure she has enough room to stay away from dad. That way she'll learn to keep her distance and if he comes after her she can run like the dickens. I get so mad at my ducks when they are mean to the youngins but it's just part of Muscvoy dynamics I am guessing.

3. Miss Lydia

That is a pretty color and most likely will change when they molt again. how old is this duck. I look forward to seeing it again in 2-4 weeks they change so much. The official name I have no idea. [​IMG]

4. Frank Phinster

Frank Phinster Chillin' With My Peeps

Funny, I once had a runner duck with similar pattern.

5. mymoneypit

mymoneypit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    so, now that fall is approaching, and the stinkbugs are once again swarming my front porch, I ask will Duckie eat them? I'm not going to intentionally catch one and see until I know if its a good idea. IDK if they are bad for Duckie or not. Thanks.

6. GardienneWings

GardienneWings Chillin' With My Peeps

She is about 8-10 weeks old. Both 'Scovies in that hatch are the same color and a few in a 20 duckling hatch a few weeks younger are as well. It will be interesting to see if the younger ones that color are also hens.....

Val

7. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

ooh, the middle one looks really neat!

Do you think she will keep that ripple effect, or will it molt out?

9. Frank Phinster

Frank Phinster Chillin' With My Peeps

Love that "sparrowhawk pattern" ( that's would we would call this black-and-white rippled pattern in Germany ) [​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

This I assume is her mother looks just like the one in the second pic I posted and 1 year later she looks like this and is going through a molt so we'll see when she finishes what she'll look like
    [​IMG]Peggy Sue she turned 1yr old in May of this year. Peggy is my first duck to have this color I have no idea where she came from and who her mama is because none of my other ducks or drakes look like her and out of all the ducklings that have hatched here in the last 9 yrs she was my first to look like this. she looks like lacing now instead of rippling. She was hatched here.
    [​IMG]and just for fun my other 2 that were last year hatches Dolly and Andy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by