1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Dianne88

Dianne88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Panhandle, FL
    Updated pics of Ricky and Lucy, brother and sister to my by babies (except Solo).[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Very pretty colors be interesting to see what they look like in another month, They will change more. Does look like Solo is lavender, can you see it?

3. Dianne88

May 14, 2013
    Panhandle, FL
    I do, I hope she stays this color. I have a melting pot of Duckings that grow and change everyday! :)

4. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They like to keep us guessing.[​IMG] How bout Ricky and Lucy they are about the same age as mine how do they look now?

5. Dianne88

May 14, 2013
    Panhandle, FL
    Ricky[​IMG]

6. Dianne88

May 14, 2013
    Panhandle, FL
    Lucy[​IMG]

7. Frank Phinster

Frank Phinster Chillin' With My Peeps

Today I witnessed how my drake was challenged by a female. He fled from the fight and then got bossed around by her. I'm afraid as soon as his primaries are grown back there will be payback time...

They sure do. I always read how much muscovies like to fly and how they perch up...mine mostly walk and barely roost.

8. EdenCamp

EdenCamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Just checking in (thread has exploded) , tried to catch up, saw I'd been missed (awwwww) . Has been awhile. \
    Started a new job with WAY too many hours and long commute.
    Been busy building pens and building flocks of some awesome new breeds/colors of chicks. n
    But I'm still kicken - hiyas old n new folks.[​IMG]

9. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are beautiful and a perfect example of drake/duck look at Lucy's face all girl.

10. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Oh she is going to be sorry. LOL mine mostly walk and the only time they roost is when outside I have stumps and large rocks for them to get onto. My 4 month olds were getting to the place where they wanted to fly actually one of them flew onto the top of their house about 6' off the ground, so I clipped their wings. I don't ever want to come home and find they have flown off just for the sheer joy of flying and they are gone for good. Maybe that sounds cruel but they wouldn't last the night here way to many preds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by