Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Feb 8, 2009.

1. insanity

insanity Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2013
    Northwest Wy
    Why not just order in the asst muscovy pack from a hatchery. You could get new colors and they would be unrelated to your stock. Country Hatchery has 5-6 colors and even McMurray carries them.

2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    rbaker0345
    How many ducklings are you looking for I have oh 6-7 maybe

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Such a cute group!

i wouldn't worry about it some of my ducks don't have names at all. There over 1yo lol i cannot figure them all out, several chocolates, yes there are differences but at a distance? HA forget it i just count...

4. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Here my latest acquisition, a solid black duck her name is licorice... Ignore the young drake, checking her out lol He's from my June hatch, actually one of my premature ones...

[​IMG]

5. tsulagvnege

tsulagvnege Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2011
    This will be my first post to this forum, although I have admired looking at everyone's birds for a while. I just acquired some muscovies and thought I would share pictures of them here. I've been debating whether to clip their wings, but so far they only fly up to pearch on top of their pen and don't roam outside the pen at all. I guess I'll just leave them intact unless they develope a habit of flying off too much.

[​IMG]rs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Mountains of Western N.C.
    They are sure pretty. Congrats!! and WELCOME!!

7. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Aren't they cute! when they become more confident they will fly, now it'll depend on your set-up and your own comfort level. I leave all my birds full flight because they free range, they do return to their fenced area at dusk and have only flown within the property BUT this is my situation, not everyone can or wants to do this. Mots of my birds are hatched or raised here from quite young so copy elders which aids tons in my success rate of my doing so. I did just recently obtain a new bird a bit older but under 1yo she will have to be clipped to ensure she doesn't leave due to fright.

8. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Hello all, I was away. Now I'm back and I want some muscovies. Makes no difference to the color or sex...

9. Riverside Barn

Riverside Barn Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2013
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    My handsome drake Roscoe

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Mountains of Western N.C.
    My he is a handsome chap. [​IMG] got anymore?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by