Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I have to take some pics too. As soon as it stops raining (feel like I live in England). I have been getting scads of barred babies in blues and buffs and black. I need to find someone nearby who has nice, unrelated scovies. I only have one unrelated girl. The rest are all daughters of my boys and I can't let them hatch eggs, I've taken too many genetics classes.

P.S. I have a friend in NV who is looking for babies. Does anyone have ducklings nearby or can anyone ship her some scovy ducklings?

Why not just order in the asst muscovy pack from a hatchery. You could get new colors and they would be unrelated to your stock. Country Hatchery has 5-6 colors and even McMurray carries them.

This is my flock. 2 black drakes and 3 hens (1 black, 1 chocolate, and 1 with brown lacing) They are all about 3 month old.
Lewey

Dewey

Darnyou

The new girls(no names yet) and a drake photo bombing.
Such a cute group!

nice pics. Love the names. None of my chicks or other duck has names yet. except the rock x's and the keep changing( drum stick, hot wing ect..)
hu.gif
i wouldn't worry about it some of my ducks don't have names at all. There over 1yo lol i cannot figure them all out, several chocolates, yes there are differences but at a distance? HA forget it i just count...

Here my latest acquisition, a solid black duck her name is licorice... Ignore the young drake, checking her out lol He's from my June hatch, actually one of my premature ones...

This will be my first post to this forum, although I have admired looking at everyone's birds for a while. I just acquired some muscovies and thought I would share pictures of them here. I've been debating whether to clip their wings, but so far they only fly up to pearch on top of their pen and don't roam outside the pen at all. I guess I'll just leave them intact unless they develope a habit of flying off too much.

rs

This will be my first post to this forum, although I have admired looking at everyone's birds for a while. I just acquired some muscovies and thought I would share pictures of them here. I've been debating whether to clip their wings, but so far they only fly up to pearch on top of their pen and don't roam outside the pen at all. I guess I'll just leave them intact unless they develope a habit of flying off too much.

rs

They are sure pretty. Congrats!! and WELCOME!!

rs

Aren't they cute! when they become more confident they will fly, now it'll depend on your set-up and your own comfort level. I leave all my birds full flight because they free range, they do return to their fenced area at dusk and have only flown within the property BUT this is my situation, not everyone can or wants to do this. Mots of my birds are hatched or raised here from quite young so copy elders which aids tons in my success rate of my doing so. I did just recently obtain a new bird a bit older but under 1yo she will have to be clipped to ensure she doesn't leave due to fright.

Back
Top Bottom