Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Does anyone have ducks they are selling. The person I was getting the lavender hen sold her even though we have been talking for days about getting her. Im really upset now.

Karen, I love my Muscovies. They're perfectly fine to be housed with chickens. Other duck breeds are territorial, but Muscovies are sweet docile birds. I've focused on the breed for many reasons, including kid friendly

My babies are 9 weeks now. I'm pretty sure the large black and white is a drake. But any ideas what sex the next biggest one is? (Furthest to the right) it's bigger than the other two, but the legs aren't as tall and the feet not as big)

Hi muskuslove, your new ducks are gorgeous, please remove bands from their legs they can get embedded very easily. Your young one may needs some B Complex vitamins with Niacin in them. some ducklings seem to need more than others so i'd get her started on some or if you can't get that, just some brewers yeast sprinkled on her feed each morning 1 tab per cup of feed, or niacin "plain" about 250 mgs since she isn't a tiny duckling mixed into her water daily that's 1 gal of water. If she has an injury then rest with water therapy is good also. Good to see you back on the Scovy thread. Even if an injury only vitamin therapy along with rest and water therapy will help heal.

Thanks Miss Lydia! I`m gonna get some suplements today. She`s eating very little now. So it won`t be easy to get it in her. Her legg is worse now than yesterday. I have a feeling she is giving up. It would be easyer if she wasn`t afraid of me but she`s scared as hell for me...:-(
I will take the ring of. The breeder put it on her.

Back
Top Bottom