Muscovy keepers share your pics!

@Buck oaks,
How many generations did you inbreed, and was sibling inbreeding, parent to child, ect?

you keep breeding for better fliers. ill breed this one or two for better feet. we can get someone working on increasing tails. someone on crest size. someone on smooth black carruncling. maybe then work all to put together, and make bantams. the ultimate self sufficient quiet friendly pet ducks, kept in apts or let free fly and roam in country. or is this sounding mad science crazy?

no one care to start scovy out crossing program? giving just general areas as to were you so look who is relatively close and then trade eggs to get fresh blood. as all scovy assuming are inbred even if so much they can be bred out to other in flock again.

Last edited:
Truthfully it was all mixed up , the sons mated with mom and brothers and sisters mated. I had 18 babies but only a handful lived because others got either hurt by the other ducklings or other natural things so instill have my very first momma muscovy but none of her first babies ( not the inbred ones) they died and the babies those had are living And only 9 of those are living and the rest of my ducks I bought for diversification ( so 10 are from my first muscovies and their in bred but smart but if those had babies they would be retarted , because I have one of those babies of theirs, so the other 8 ducks aren't related towards them)

So only one generation

Sorry for all the information I got carried away

Last edited:
Here was my fav Muscovy That past from uknown cuases 2 weeks ago

022.jpg
was it acting lethargic because we just had a duck die from unknown causes

Back
Top Bottom