Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Hey everyone I have some questions!
1.) my muscovies are approximately a year old, when should I expect them to start laying? (I have 4 hens and a drake)
2.) I was told muscovies get darker in the winter. No one told this to my girl maddie! She's a tri chocolate and her whole head turned from brown to white! Is this normal or is my duck just a special snowflake?
3.) how aggressive are muscovy drakes? I have a ancona drake for a breeding project (ancona pekin crosses) and I was wondering if They would fight when breeding season came round.
That sums up my questions!
1f63a.png

Last edited:
1.) my muscovies are approximately a year old, when should I expect them to start laying? (I have 4 hens and a drake)
2.) I was told muscovies get darker in the winter. No one told this to my girl maddie! She's a tri chocolate and her whole head turned from brown to white! Is this normal or is my duck just a special snowflake?
3.) how aggressive are muscovy drakes? I have a ancona drake for a breeding project (ancona pekin crosses) and I was wondering if They would fight when breeding season came round.
1f63a.png

Our Muscovys lay around 6 months.

No all of ours get lighter in winter.

Muscovy drakes , in our experience, are only aggressive to other Muscovy drakes.

Last edited:
1f63a.png
I don't know the answer to #1—mine were adults when I got them.

Mine did get darker, but I'm sure not all do. Mine are a pretty green/black right now.

My male did not really interact much with the Pekin drake I had. For a week or so, there was some chasing about and the Muscovies would corner the Pekins (male and female) in their pen and not let them out, but then they seemed to lose interest and from that point on, just ignored each other.

Back
Top Bottom