Muscovy keepers share your pics!

5 females (other one is inside their muscovy house with her eggs) and 1 drake
1f60a.png

Here is my chocolate female Hershey
IM001847.jpg

Wow! Your chocolate female Hersey is BEAUTIFUL! I have never seen a muscovy in brown colour before.

here is a couple of young males
IM001061.jpg

my grey female smokey
IM001058.jpg

here is Max and Mrs. Muscovy these are my main breeding pair.

muscovies.jpg

And this was Ferdi, she was our pet Muscovy...she past last fall, I miss her so.
IM001042.jpg

I love all the pretty Muscovies I see in this thread.  Way to go all of you! /img/smilies/smile.png I would love a Male chocolate, and some blues.  I have a few more females, but no updated pics.

Julie

My sweet precious baby innocent Fred is chasing the teenage girls around. He's 4 months old now and they are about 9 weeks old. Should I separate him?? What age are they sexually mature?
@TherryChicken do you still have any chocolate girls you want to get rid of?
Awful early but might be a good idea if you see him trying to mate with them. I have an 8 week old OEGB crowing.
idunno.gif

My Muscovy's hatch one year and don't breed or lay till following.

They look the same size, so they should be the same sex (males are much larger). My guess is that they're female, the males I've seen have all had more caruncles on their face. :)

If they're female they should lay eggs occasionally, though!
i just caught one of my scovies mounting one of my female khakis in their pool. I definitely have at least one male. Which leads me to a question about if my scovies and khakis can successfully have a clutch?

how long after the act takes place will i find eggs? Im a newbie duck mom & i never expected my scovies to try and mate with my KCs
Usually about 1-3 weeks after breeding starts. You know you don't have to let them hatch ducklings either unless you want ducklings. Duck eggs taste good. I am a believer in birth control for all my animals not just my dogs.

Oh and drakes don't care what breed they mate with as long as female. lol

Last edited:
Usually about 1-3 weeks after breeding starts. You know you don't have to let them hatch ducklings either unless you want ducklings. Duck eggs taste good. I am a believer in birth control for all my animals not just my dogs.

Oh and drakes don't care what breed they mate with as long as female. lol
so i should set up nesting boxes? Theyre about 18 weeks old. I live in NH & its 90-95 degrees here. I think later today ill go put my muck boots on and check for eggs since i only caught them today and arent sure how long this has been going on.

so i should set up nesting boxes? Theyre about 18 weeks old. I live in NH & its 90-95 degrees here. I think later today ill go put my muck boots on and check for eggs since i only caught them today and arent sure how long this has been going on.

They should be getting close to laying it usually starts around 20 weeks sometimes a little longer. Then again your Scovy drake may just be practicing lol Honestly my scovy's hatch in the spring or early summer and don't start mating till the following year. But when your KC lays open up the egg you can tell if it's fertile.

You can make nesting boxes some do I find my Muscovy's just lay their eggs in the deep shaving in their house. They do like their privacy though.

Back
Top Bottom