Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Need some advice from fellow Muscovites.
My hen needs a dusting for mites.
I've have better luck giving a pelvic exam to a bred heifer! She is not amused by my ministrations.

Any suggestions, other than 2 helpers and big fishing dip net?
Are you seeing mites?

UPDATE! I widened and lengthened the ramp. Laid a trail of their favorite scratch up and into the hootch. It took 5 days, but last night both the hen and drake spent the night inside voluntarily.
ya.gif
YAY
thumbsup.gif

I have a muscovy hen that's black and white and a muscovy drake that is all blue slate colored and the hen is on 16 eggs that are due any minute, what color ducklings do you think will come out of the mix

I have a muscovy hen that's black and white and a muscovy drake that is all blue slate colored and the hen is on 16 eggs that are due any minute, what color ducklings do you think will come out of the mix

If they don't have any recessive genes then you will get all blue and black ducklings. Should be a mix of pied and solid colored babies

I get to pick up Gerda tomorrow morning...as a bonus the breeder is giving me a baby she thinks is a lavender that I've already named Darvish! I'll post more pics as soon after they get home as I can!

This is Gerda, I'm told she is a lavender...

This is little Darvish, who I'm told is also a lavender...

I'm so excited to finally bring these girls home!

Last edited:
I get to pick up Gerda tomorrow morning...as a bonus the breeder is giving me a baby she thinks is a lavender that I've already named Darvish! I'll post more pics as soon after they get home as I can!

This is Gerda, I'm told she is a lavender...

This is little Darvish, who I'm told is also a lavender...

I'm so excited to finally bring these girls home!
Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom