Muscovy mothers

Have you tried to introduce the other babies?
No I haven't. Since I had to assist, the 4 remaining chicks are slower but doing well. I'll keep them inside under heat lamp for awhile. I might try a look but don't touch in a few weeks. Given that the Moms left a perfectly healthy chick to die of cold, I don't trust them to accept others.

Updating with pictures. Ducklings are almost impossible to have sit still long enough for a picture. lol. The first three pictures are the 2 ducklings that are being raised by the 2 Moms in the coop. The other duckling they hatched, died as a result of being left behind by them. They abandoned the last 4 eggs so I put them in the incubator. Last 3 pics are the the cuties that hatched indoors and are now living in my spare room. The duckling in the 4th pic has the most adorable yellow wings.

Duckling1.jpg
Duckling2.jpg
Duckling3.jpg
Duckling4.jpg
Duckling5.jpg
Duckling6.jpg

Updating with pictures. Ducklings are almost impossible to have sit still long enough for a picture. lol. The first three pictures are the 2 ducklings that are being raised by the 2 Moms in the coop. The other duckling they hatched, died as a result of being left behind by them. They abandoned the last 4 eggs so I put them in the incubator. Last 3 pics are the the cuties that hatched indoors and are now living in my spare room. The duckling in the 4th pic has the most adorable yellow wings.

View attachment 3591039View attachment 3591040View attachment 3591041View attachment 3591043View attachment 3591044View attachment 3591047
Oh, that last one!!! 😍 🥰 😍
Can't wait to see what colour it'll turn out!

Back
Top Bottom