Muscovy on patio roof 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

So do i let her do this naturallly… or pull the nest down???

I think it depends. If you pull the nest down you know there's still the possibility of her jumping right back up there and sitting on nothing even after the eggs are gone 😅 , but if you leave her be the ducklings may not be able to get down like mama can. If they hatch you'll have to take down mama and babies as soon as possible and put them in their own brooding area to prevent any from falling. It might be a bit of a task but in my opinion it's up to you.

From reading online they brood in trees quite regularly. Soooo im kinda letting her do her thing . .
Good luck and let me know if any hatch! I'm sure its fine but my point was since there really is virtually no way down when you don't have wings there is a possibility of it being problematic. Although where there's a will there's a way I guess...

In the video idk if yall couod tell but she has about a 3-4” wall of her feathers & twigs built around them . The eggs in front had never developed or had cracks. They got tossed to the chickens who gobbled them up

I've seen this with Mallards and Wood ducks, but how is she going to keep the eggs from rolling off the roof since she can't carry bedding up there to put them in to keep them from rolling? Thankfully our roofs are too steep for any of our muscovy to be on but that didn't stop one from doing the limbo and making a nest under the ramp going into their coop how she ever got under there is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom