muscovy or not...

Both are duck species, but not the same species. If they were Muscovy/Muscovy, they’ll just be more Muscovy. Lol. If they were a Muscovy/mallard-derived pairing, the offspring will be sterile mules, much the same as when crossing different equid species (such as a horse and a donkey to create a mule or hinny). I personally find it hard to tell between them when they’re fluffy ducklings; I have no idea what to look for, but as they grow they show different features of both species. I have a mule drake at the moment and he’s quite interesting looking. :)

Both are duck species, but not the same species. If they were Muscovy/Muscovy, they’ll just be more Muscovy. Lol. If they were a Muscovy/mallard-derived pairing, the offspring will be sterile mules, much the same as when crossing different equid species (such as a horse and a donkey to create a mule or hinny). I personally find it hard to tell between them when they’re fluffy ducklings; I have no idea what to look for, but as they grow they show different features of both species. I have a mule drake at the moment and he’s quite interesting looking. :)
Picture?

He thinks the camera is scary so it’s hard to get clear pics of his face. Lol. But he’s got what look like caruncle remnants on his face, and the general shape of his body is more Muscovy. He was hatched by a friend of mine from an egg that was supposed to be a crested pekin. The other eggs in the batch she got were full Muscovy. 🤷🏼‍♀️
574302C2-6E13-494E-A7C9-BDE6E0ADF557.jpeg

7CF27294-4930-4B2A-A716-A2B72FFB2D69.jpeg
BA6F9159-793E-44FF-B26B-72817DFBB308.jpeg

He's very cute. Back in 2011 my husband an I rescued 3 drakes from our mt river down below us. One drake was full Muscovy {I have Muscovy} the other 2 I know now were most likely his sons. I asked on here and looked at so many pictures of duck breeds trying to figure out what they were, But now I know they were most likely mixed with another breed. I found homes for the 2 mixes because they were just way to sexual for my Muscovy females. They looked very much like your drake. I had pics but they were on my computer that died in 2016 :(

So like green jungle fowl hybrids/Bekisar/Ayam Bekisar?

So like green jungle fowl hybrids/Bekisar/Ayam Bekisar?
Same idea, I’m not as familiar with chicken hybrids, but much the same thing. :) although I haven’t heard of anyone with a mallard/Muscovy mule that is not completely sterile. It doesn’t stop them from acting like any other drake though! The behaviours are all there, just not the fertility. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom