Mushroom foragers

We are only allowed to sell to a licensed seller.

They are the only ones allowed to sell to Businesses or consumers. You must take an approved class to get the license... the catch is the state refuses to put one on.

The buyers were paying $20 a pound for black trumpets... then selling them for $60 to the high end restaurants...

I sent my extras to my brothers instead..
my province has weird laws when it comes to picking wild mushrooms. we can pick on any crown land (provincial forest) and the only permit we can get is a buyers camp license. but we can not pick on any provincial or federal parks or wild life areas and need permission on any private land.

and as far as could find nothing really there to prohibit some one from selling mushrooms to wholesale, buyers camps and even private.

but seems everyone here picks and takes there mushrooms to sell at farmers markets or on facebook.

I found these today on a black walnut log . Might be honey mushrooms .
20191121_144034.jpg
20191121_144056.jpg

I will have to check those out . Spore print is white on mine .
I have no idea. I had never heard of “cabbage parachute” before the app spit it out.

I use the app as a starting point on a new mushroom and to confirm what I already now.

I have seen it make some fatal errors in identifying shrooms.

@NanaKat reported on another thread she picked morels yesterday..

Spring is coming. Another 6 weeks and I might find one here.

I did take a walk looking to see what was out there to be foraged, but appears to be nothing here yet.

My tiger lilies popped out of the ground so I was hopeful..I guess that makes me an optimist.

@NanaKat reported on another thread she picked morels yesterday..

Spring is coming. Another 6 weeks and I might find one here.

I did take a walk looking to see what was out there to be foraged, but appears to be nothing here yet.

My tiger lilies popped out of the ground so I was hopeful..I guess that makes me an optimist.
I found around 12-13 at my place, then found another 2 days later, when dad went to get the 1 he found 3 more. I then found another 2. So around 19 or so at my place so far.

Back
Top Bottom