Muskovy ban

Quote:
Some of those comments are by idiots who have no clue what they are talking about like: "Muscovy ducks expand cause of global warming" LOL

Muscovy ducks have been domesticated since 1500 hundreds. Out of the sudden they are declared "wild species"?

Muscovy ducks have a unique ability to go feral if they need to and survive, unless most other domesticated species.

Another domesticated birds species which can survive on it's own are game chickens. Remember Miami chicken wars?

Are gamefowl "Wild Species" ?

All this hoopla with Muscovies is just more Government regulations, interference, nuicance and harrassing people at cost of the already burdened over the limit taxpayer.

Muscovies are domesticated species, they stay within their homestead if they are fed and will nor fly away even they could.

Try that with pheasants, quail, or Chukars! Theese are real WILD SPECIES not Muscovies.

I would not be suprised if those idiots will declare and restrict Guinea hens as "wild species" next. After all they are not "native" species to US singe Africa is their origin, and perhaps Guineas might be very dangerous to environment, they might even cause Global Warming who knows?

Pascopol I agree with you.

And the people who are going to adhere to the new regulations are the ones who would anyhow, and there will be a whole multitude of people who either done know about or dont care about the new regulations and will still sell their birds un marked as pets to a very willing pet market and the dumping will still go on at the same rate as before......... and may even worsen because people whose market for sales are for "pets" may get scared about being caught or that their sales will dry up and will dump all their birds.

You only have to see when new spay and neuter policies are put in place by towns etc the euthenasia and shelter occupancy rate increase dramatically. When West Palm beach added new spay and neuter policies they also placed ads that asked people to snitch on their neighbors and friends.

If you are already in the system with NPIP (and I dont know if they list breeds of birds a person owns) then unless fish and game check every home and every online and craigslist and newspaper ad in the country or someone calls in about a neighbor with Muscovies they wont have a clue who has them and whether they are marked correctly or not and all it will do is create more red tape and no real solution.

Quote:
Some of those comments are by idiots who have no clue what they are talking about like: "Muscovy ducks expand cause of global warming" LOL

Muscovy ducks have been domesticated since 1500 hundreds. Out of the sudden they are declared "wild species"?

Muscovy ducks have a unique ability to go feral if they need to and survive, unless most other domesticated species.

Another domesticated birds species which can survive on it's own are game chickens. Remember Miami chicken wars?

Are gamefowl "Wild Species" ?

All this hoopla with Muscovies is just more Government regulations, interference, nuicance and harrassing people at cost of the already burdened over the limit taxpayer.

Muscovies are domesticated species, they stay within their homestead if they are fed and will nor fly away even they could.

Try that with pheasants, quail, or Chukars! Theese are real WILD SPECIES not Muscovies.

I would not be suprised if those idiots will declare and restrict Guinea hens as "wild species" next. After all they are not "native" species to US singe Africa is their origin, and perhaps Guineas might be very dangerous to environment, they might even cause Global Warming who knows?

yep, that global warming one was funny to me too, unfortunately, that's the kind of people our government listens too when making choices on how to sneak in new laws.

Back
Top Bottom