Mustang has decided..Incubating time!

Righty'o Found the pictures
yesss.gif
\

This is the incubator that is currently running:

16 eggs in Total! I should have a good idea on what they will look like:

<---------- They're in a coop that they use if the wanna escape from the other Cockerels
big_smile.png

Hopefully some chicks will take on the genes of this pair. These guys are free rangers so I can never really get to Sweethearts eggs! (The Pullet)

Chances are some chicks should look like these guys .

Others may be a mix of these guys.

^ Rossete (First Pullet)

^ Romeo (Retired show bird due to loss of eye, Used to do shows before I brought him)

It will be a interesting turnout!

-Mustang

Last edited:
Soon enough after this incubation im planning on *trying* to hatch these guys..

Ring neck Pheasant:

Pheasantmmm.jpg
1702_1ring_neck_pheasant0322d.jpg
img_32974-218142.jpg

Hey they're not chickens or ducks but they're pretty elegant birds!
(Pictures do not belong to me)

White Peafowl:

White%20Peacock.JPG
2372727897_737e2cf878_b.jpg
Beautiful_White_Peacock_Bird_Image.jpg

I Could really do with some Peafowl...

And last but not least....

Temminck's Tragopan Pheasant:

02d3451d0f33590cb89836c2fab1dda6.jpg
temmincks_tragopan_with_bib2_50percent.jpg
12670_-_09.jpg

Beautiful right?

I have no idea about incubating Pheasants but its worth a shot! I just think the colouring is amazing...

Almost. The 5 BSL, the 5 RSL, and Jace's brood pictured above do not have names. (Selling them shortly) The rest all have names!
Their names are:
Emma
Gem
Rain
Mystery
Muffin
Pebbles
Reynbow
HennyPenny II
Jace
Sunshine
Pingu
Lucky
Zeta
Enya
Abby
Chrissy
Tucson
Heather

Love the names
wee.gif
Especially Jace and Mystery. Jaces Brood is beautiful..I must say I think I will have to make room in the coops for them
big_smile.png
What breed are they?

Last edited:
Righty'o Found the pictures :yesss: \ This is the incubator that is currently running: 16 eggs in Total! I should have a good idea on what they will look like: [/URL] ^ Rossete (First Pullet) ^ Romeo (Retired show bird due to loss of eye, Used to do shows before I brought him) ^ Mr Rooster (That's him at his young age strutting his stuff) It will be a interesting turnout! -Mustang
Nice!!
Soon enough after this incubation im planning on *trying* to hatch these guys.. Ring neck Pheasant:
Pheasantmmm.jpg
1702_1ring_neck_pheasant0322d.jpg
img_32974-218142.jpg
Hey they're not chickens or ducks but they're pretty elegant birds! (Pictures do not belong to me) White Peafowl:
White%20Peacock.JPG
2372727897_737e2cf878_b.jpg
Beautiful_White_Peacock_Bird_Image.jpg
I Could really do with some Peafowl... And last but not least.... Temminck's Tragopan Pheasant:
02d3451d0f33590cb89836c2fab1dda6.jpg
temmincks_tragopan_with_bib2_50percent.jpg
12670_-_09.jpg
Beautiful right? I have no idea about incubating Pheasants but its worth a shot! I just think the colouring is amazing...
:love
Love the names :weee Especially Jace and Mystery. Jaces Brood is beautiful..I must say I think I will have to make room in the coops for them :D What breed are they?
Thanks! Jace's chicks are old english game bantam (OEGB) x silkie.
Anyone out there that's incubating? Come on no need to wait for a written invitation! :clap
LOL

4th day of Incubation! I candled all 16 eggs yesterday and 13 out of 16 are fertile and are growing. The other 3 im unsure of, But im not going to toss them yet. Funnily enough during candling one slipped out of my hands and cracked! I knew at least something was going to go wrong if im handling the eggs
big_smile.png
Anyway...it was a crack right in the middle of the shell by the air sack! So I quickly grabbed some nail polish and covered it up..Oh wait..Nail Polish!? (Where did I find that..) I don't think I should of put nail polish on so I quickly rubbed it off (Appearing all over my shirt) I then light a candle and poured the melting wax over the egg. Phew! Its still alive today so I think it worked...Looks like I'll have to be helping that chick out on hatching day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom