Mutt chicken show

20190828_092904.jpg
20190827_063237.jpg
20190828_092857.jpg
this is my lil roo ukiorra hes not sure how old i lost count a while ago hes growing so big and fast and im sos amazed by his colors and size his mom is a mestiza hen shes just a randomly bred hen with any other chickena nd his dad is a kind of a rhodebar rooster thats his coloration i doubt he is a rhodebar though but this is the result

90% of my flock are mutts. oh how I love them and the surprises you get.
I'll post a few of them

This is Tinkerbell. shes possibly D'Uccle cross Pekin bantam
DSC_0252.JPG

Pengu is a frizzle polish x D'uccle
DSC_0229 (2).JPG

Terror (mostly white) and Snowy are sisters, half sisters or not related but hatched together. I was told a combination of breeds that could be the parents but none of the combos seem right, mainly snowy so I just refer to them as sussex crosses
DSC_0365.JPG
DSC_0366.JPG

If only human men would be as gentlemanly as Mr.Wooster:idunno
I know several that are. usually it takes a gentleman to teach one. Being a gentleman is mostly about attitude which leads to considerate behavior. Charisma and charm are deceitful—and soon proven to be meaningless. By practicing genuine heartfelt kindness one can become better at it.

I wish my Zonk could learn from Mr. Wooster. He's so gorgeous, though I refuse to call him a mutt since he is purebred Marans, just a breeder project color. He hit puberty and...well, look at his comb. Hasn't quite figured out how to be a man yet, but definitely wants to. All 3 of my boys are young, but I'll be patient with them. No rooster soup for me!

IMG_20190817_180852_kindlephoto-52655884.jpg

Based on his comb and breast color, I would have guessed Jamal's mother was an Easter Egger. Looks a lot like my Easter Egger roo, Danny. That red breast with black lacing is part of the wheaten coloring in Araucanas.

Pretty birds!

Back
Top Bottom