Mwahahaha... **THIS** is what I do to predators

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
I planted a nice little kitchen garden this year.
P1020113.jpg

But I've been noticing that the cabbage and cauliflower have become lacey and nibbled. I plucked off all of the cabbage moth larvae but in the past few days I've started finding teensy slugs.
P1020114.jpg

P1020115.jpg

Today I went and gathered a lovely harvest of fresh lettuce for our dinner salad.
P1020111.jpg

While I was cleaning it, I suddently found this: a snail.
P1020112.jpg

Snails like this are not native to western Washington. They are fairly recent invaders, having hitched rides in on plants from nurseries. I've only seen them in my yard for about the past year.

I knew what I had to do. I had to dispatch the predator.
P1020117.jpg

Yes, yes, I know. There has been much discussion about rehoming predators, methods of killing them, how to catch them, and more. It's very controversial. I decided to kill my predator with karmic justice.

Let that be a lesson to all other snails: if I find you in my garden, you will die a fowl death.

LOL usually I don't agree but its just a snail though snails are kinda cute we had a giant Apple Snail for a pet once they are HUGE!
ep.gif

old.gif
The snail had every opportunity to fight her off....
gig.gif

I did the same thing two days ago JennsPeeps...except I let the teenage ducks play.
lol.png

HEAR YE HEAR YE LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL GARDEN PESTS...

IF YOU MESS IN THE GARDENS OF CHICKEN AND DUCK OWNERS WITH EATING INTENT YOU SHALL SUFFER THE FOWL CONSEQUENCES...

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN ... SO LET IT BE DONE!

I love your garden! you sure have clean nails for having chickens and a garden!
wink.png
yours looks like mine... lots of egg shells scattered about
big_smile.png
perhaps need to break out the DE. would that help for slugs? I'm sure your chicks would love to help you more in the future...

Connie

Back
Top Bottom