my 12 week roos are starting to crow

wowmanacat

Songster
Apr 1, 2011
Oak Grove AR
I can now say I know what it is like to hear a new roo learn to crow. I can not wait till my others(the ones that I am going to be keeping start to crow. The ones that are learning now are either going to freezer camp or to the auction next week. They just look evil with the black beaks and heads and then the bright blood red combs and wattles. They are barnyard mutt from a BR rooster and game hen and a IDK.

freezer camp!!! love it!
lau.gif

I have only heard them the one time. I really can not wait to be hearing the morning crow(all day long). It really makes me feel like I am on a farm.

My cockerel just started crowing a couple weeks ago too! It IS cute, seeing him work so hard to crow. He's learning to keep strict order in the coop like a good leader, lol. We found a farm for him & his RIR brother. We'll be taking them this week or next. I'll miss them, but I know the pullet who will step up and fill his shoes!
smile.png

I ended up taking the 5 oldest roosters to the auction about a week ago, but I can not wait till the rest of them start to crow and then also see who is going to be the big guy of the yard. I think it is going to be some time before this all happen for the rooster or what I think is roosters are the first to the treats still.

What fun
smile.png
I am so excited for my roosters to crow as well, I was worried that I had lost my three roosters but I was reassured by people here that I did not because at 4 weeks I have 3 with red combs that are fearless lol

Well I have a blue ameraucana that was 7 months old on Friday and he started crowing only yesterday for the very first time! Yes 7 months old! He is my only boy. Talk about late bloomer!

Back
Top Bottom