my 2 1/2 coops and im building another!! PIC HEAVY

josh_bigler

Songster
11 Years
Jun 11, 2008
windsor, missouri
well i've been here on the site for a couple months but havent posted much so i thought i would post a few pictures of my two coops, i have a 4x8 and a 8x16 and a little chicken tractor for my chicks, in the next week i will be posting pictures of my new coop im building which is going to be an 8x24, can we say im addicted? ever since i retired out of the army this has been all i've been doing and i love it!

sorry about all of the shots i guess my camera lense was not open all the way
roll.png

11772_001.jpg

11772_002.jpg

as you see i have a problem with flys i hate them
11772_003.jpg

11772_005.jpg

11772_006.jpg

11772_007.jpg

11772_004.jpg

thanks! yea i think this next coop im building will be the last one for awhile, i think anyways lol, right now i have 31 rhode iland reds, 26 hens and 5 roosters i raised from chicks, they are 3 1/2 months old now, i have 5 silkies, 12 buff orpingtons, just looking for a nice healthy rooster for them as we speak, i also have 2 leghorns, i love their eggs, they are huge, so i put in an order a week ago for 50 pullets of the white leghorns, thats why i have to build the 8x24 coop! what im doing is selling eggs and hatching chicks and selling when everything gets started, it'll be a little while, its a fun business and im not in it for the money, i just love doing it! --oh yea i have 2 mocovi hens and a drake too, and the two hens are laying on 26 eggs as we speak, i cant wait till they hatch,

You sound as addicted as we are. Only we don't build as well as you do!
Cool coop and runs. I love it.
Wanna come build some at my farm? LOL We will never get everything built for all the different breeds we want. Oh well, I guess chickeneering is an on going process.

Thanks for serving. You deserve the best!
clap.gif

thanks for all of the comments, im kind of dreading about building the other one lol, but when its done im sure i will be happy, i was going to use something other than chicken wire around the runs because of racoons, but in the past 2 weeks my golden retriever has killed 3 of them, he's either really lucky he hasnt gotten hurt or a really good hunter? i've never seen the mean side to him, its always when im in bed when he does it lol, i need to think of something to keep black snakes out though! a week or two ago a black snake bit two of my hens, with a little care they are doing great and you cant even tell, but i dont think there is nothing i can do with them getting in!

At least you are finding Black Snakes, we are killing Copperheads in our run. Your coops look great, you have done a fabulous job and I'm sure your birds are very healthy and happy.

Back
Top Bottom