My 3 month olds don't love me anymore...normal?

I would get a treat they love and try to sit and hand feed them that’s what I did! (It kinda worked 1 still hates me but the other 2 tolerate me!)
Ha thanks but these piggies eat treats out of my hand while standing in my lap or on a shoulder all day every day but then utterly reject me and run from me as if I'm swinging an axe. Guess it's normal. Waaaa!!

I was amazed when my pullets started laying, they got so much friendlier! I only had one who was friendly the whole way through, but when they started laying, or even as they got close, chickens who would scream constantly when I picked them up as chicks suddenly just came up to me and hung out and let me pick them up, I was really surprised.
So don't give up hope.
That's what I want to hear!! I'll pine for them til Spring then. Thanks for the hope!! 🤣

My 3 month old silkie chicken loves me, though I also have a 3 week old polish chick who doesn’t like being held and would rather sit around and perch then be near me.

Yes! Normal, sadly :( mine loved sitting on my lap, all of them, as babies. Now only one (a buff Orpington) will still do it occasionally. Just keep giving them treats and making them your friends and when they’re a bit older I’m sure they’ll grow out of it!

Back
Top Bottom