My 4 baby buttons 🥰🥰

Thank you , there is one dark stripey one and I think it may be a male , I'm no expert its my first hatch of buttons , but he jumps up and stands tall and whistles like a 2 tone high pitch call for longer than any of the others, and any little noise he sticks his head out first and listens lol
Is there any healthy treats I could give them or are they to young
They are bursting with life , real inquisitive and busy , amazing to watch 🥰

Thank you , there is one dark stripey one and I think it may be a male , I'm no expert its my first hatch of buttons , but he jumps up and stands tall and whistles like a 2 tone high pitch call for longer than any of the others, and any little noise he sticks his head out first and listens lol
Is there any healthy treats I could give them or are they to young
They are bursting with life , real inquisitive and busy , amazing to watch 🥰
I would wait until they're 4-5 weeks old before starting to give them treats. Mealworms are loved by all quail, but they're high in fat, so don't give them too much. My back yard is getting overrun by weed sprouts, and they like those too. Try different things and see what they like. Keep away from tomatoes or anything in the nightshade family, avoid garlic and onions as well.

Treats shouldn't be more than 10% of their diet.

I’ve had no problems with it, wet or dry. I do take it away from the snow angels when they have young chicks, but after they’re 2 weeks old I give it back and they’re fine, honestly the biggest danger that it causes is Baldi constantly getting in and out of the box and landing on the chicks because she’s so graceful. Once they’re evasion stats get high enough, I return their sand haha.
I will add, I don’t have any quail I’m particularly emotionally attached to, so if it causes an issue, I wouldn’t be devastated. but it’s never been an issue so far and I used it for their run floor all summer and then I put down chips when it got cold. I plan to shovel it all out and put down new sand in the spring.

🥰🥰🐥🐥🐥🐥 16 days now x

Attachments

• 20210202_185828.jpg
    20210202_185828.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 6
I would wait until they're 4-5 weeks old before starting to give them treats. Mealworms are loved by all quail, but they're high in fat, so don't give them too much. My back yard is getting overrun by weed sprouts, and they like those too. Try different things and see what they like. Keep away from tomatoes or anything in the nightshade family, avoid garlic and onions as well.

Treats shouldn't be more than 10% of their diet.
Great Thank you 🐣💛

I ended up buying this thinking it was sand on amazon XD i use it for my button and coturnix.(honestly looks like chinchilla dust)

I’ve heard of that, I think it’s less dusty than chinchilla sand. I use regular play sand and it’s been fine. The construction sand had an issue, I bought it, opened it and it was black. I went back to the store and all of them were looking like they held black “sand”, so I got play sand and it’s been fine. I think the covid issues maybe had people doing unfamiliar jobs when others were out sick, and someone mislabeled a bunch of sand at the quarry?factory? Wherever it’s packaged. Anyway I use the black sand I opened for filling bags for weighing stuff down, and it turns out it’s some kind of concrete, as it hardens like asphalt after it gets wet and dries.

Back
Top Bottom