My 4 baby buttons 🥰🥰

I ended up buying this thinking it was sand on amazon XD i use it for my button and coturnix.(honestly looks like chinchilla dust)

Attachments

• 20210124_122743.jpg
    20210124_122743.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 1
I ended up buying this thinking it was sand on amazon XD i use it for my button and coturnix.(honestly looks like chinchilla dust)

I’ve heard of that, I think it’s less dusty than chinchilla sand. I use regular play sand and it’s been fine. The construction sand had an issue, I bought it, opened it and it was black. I went back to the store and all of them were looking like they held black “sand”, so I got play sand and it’s been fine. I think the covid issues maybe had people doing unfamiliar jobs when others were out sick, and someone mislabeled a bunch of sand at the quarry?factory? Wherever it’s packaged. Anyway I use the black sand I opened for filling bags for weighing stuff down, and it turns out it’s some kind of concrete, as it hardens like asphalt after it gets wet and dries.

I’ve heard of that, I think it’s less dusty than chinchilla sand. I use regular play sand and it’s been fine. The construction sand had an issue, I bought it, opened it and it was black. I went back to the store and all of them were looking like they held black “sand”, so I got play sand and it’s been fine. I think the covid issues maybe had people doing unfamiliar jobs when others were out sick, and someone mislabeled a bunch of sand at the quarry?factory? Wherever it’s packaged. Anyway I use the black sand I opened for filling bags for weighing stuff down, and it turns out it’s some kind of concrete, as it hardens like asphalt after it gets wet and dries.
It works fine so far the buttons use it and are happy but my coturnix anubis just really loves it XD, also i heard if olay sand gets wet they eat it they get stuck ?

It works fine so far the buttons use it and are happy but my coturnix anubis just really loves it XD, also i heard if olay sand gets wet they eat it they get stuck ?
It's not so much that they get stuck, but if it clumps in the crop, it might cause digestive problems. It might be okay, but I'd rather not take the chance.

Back
Top Bottom