My 4 week old duck wont eat...

Silverwolf467

Hatching
Aug 14, 2019
I have two ducks. A boy and a girl. Recetly the boy wont ducl wont eat. Its not the food because the girl duck is eating it just fine. He also is alomst always opening and closing his beak. He also wont walk or run around. He just wants to be on my chest.... i dont know what to do. Please help me

Last edited:
I have two ducks. A boy and a girl. Recetly the boy wont ducl wont eat. Its not the food because the girl duck is eating it just fine. He also is alomst always opening and closing his beak. He also wont walk or run around. He just wants to be on my chest.... i dont know what to do. Please help me
There may be something stuck in his throat. Is he drinking? If so, be sure to provide PLENTY of water in something deep enough for him to dip is hole head into (let's him keep the nasal passages clear so he can still breath). The water may break down anything that is stuck.
Is their feed granules? Do they forage at all?
Some of the pros on here may have some massage techniques or something to help as well. Is a vet an option? If so, they'd be able to clear the throat. If not, I understand as we don't really make the vet an option here.

@Silverwolf467 have you felt along his neck for anything that may be stuck? Does he sounds raspy like congestion? Looked inside his mouth and as far back as you can see? Picture or video of what he's doing always helps. Welcome to BYC.
To upload a video you need to put it on Vimeo or you tube then copy and paste here.

There may be something stuck in his throat. Is he drinking? If so, be sure to provide PLENTY of water in something deep enough for him to dip is hole head into (let's him keep the nasal passages clear so he can still breath). The water may break down anything that is stuck.
Is their feed granules? Do they forage at all?
Some of the pros on here may have some massage techniques or something to help as well. Is a vet an option? If so, they'd be able to clear the throat. If not, I understand as we don't really make the vet an option here.
Yes he is drinking a lot of water. I did take him to the vet they said they didnt find anything wrong. There isnt something stuck in his throat. They just said he'll eat when he's ready

@Silverwolf467 have you felt along his neck for anything that may be stuck? Does he sounds raspy like congestion? Looked inside his mouth and as far back as you can see? Picture or video of what he's doing always helps. Welcome to BYC.
To upload a video you need to put it on Vimeo or you tube then copy and paste here.
Yes, i also took him to the vet to check and they said everything was fine. Thay he's just looking for more attencion from me. Thats why he's always on my chest.

Back
Top Bottom