My 55 new chicks arrived today! ALL DEAD

Quote:
That is just wrong. Mean people.
he.gif

Sorry for the loss of the babies. I would be emotional myself and feel for ya.
hugs.gif

So sorry about your chicks, how awful! I have an order coming in April and am paying extra to have them sent express. Ideal is a long ways from MI. Cathryn rainbowsilkies

I think alot of chicks out there die in shipping this time of year cause of the cold. They should be kept between 90 and 95 degrees, and I doubt that the temps in the chick box come close to that this time of year

Quote:
I'm sorry about the chicken.
sad.png
It's probably more likely that someone accidently dropped a heavy box on the chicken box. Still not a good thing, but it would be more likely. I know there are some idiots out there in the world so maybe I'm just being naive.

i would give them a chance to ship again it might be the post offices fault.
I bought eggs last week and they came with the box wraped in a bag from post office where they had smashed the box all the way it was a yellow box of goooo.
or if you dont want to give them another chance order some where closer maybe?
I hope it goes better next time.

I got my chicks from Ideal (20 of them)sent here to Michigan back in September-- but I'd never order from anywhere this time of year! Just too cold, and too many postal delays.

We had no problems, and only lost a couple of them AFTER they'd been here a couple days (one had a crop problem, the other had a twisted bowel)

Give Ideal a chance-- but I'd be talking to my local postal carrier and letting them know I expected better next time!

Maybe you could try hatching your own? It is easier to see an egg not hatch than dead babies. Or Like others suggested...check locally...Then maybe you can pick them out! I send my condolences too. Very Very sad!
hit.gif
Don't give up though...
Hope you have a better time next time.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom