My ALL(!!) done city coop - the girls have moved in!

Quote:
That's wonderful - and a great color. I wish I'd been able to be more green/recycle more... but we decided last minute to get the chickens after all and then were all rush rush to get the coop done. If I'd been thinking better, I would have started collecting supplies over the winter. I feel a little bad about it... but that's life.

oh my goodness, we got the doors and windows done! SO close to getting the girls moved out there - tomorrow for sure!! Just have to finish the ramp to the roost and the board in front of the door to keep the shavings in... and block the nest boxes and they are IN! I'm so happy! And tired. LOL

85251_251050_2123933856904_1202583259_2614515_2508226_n.jpg

Well, today is the DAY! Chickies move out. But first I need to figure out this issue - the poop board which is giving me headaches. Yesterday I build some extra support for it... but it didn't help any. My second board, which is light enough to remove and scrape (what I asked for) is too flimsy, I can just see the chickens jumping on it and sending poop flying all over the place. Plus, I'm worried about how they will get down from the roost (we are almost done with the ramp up) but there is not much landing room to get down after I put food and water in there. I don't know... perhaps my hen house is just too small for a poop board? Probably...

I did order that boot tray to use either on top of my flimsy board or instead of it... but it hasn't arrived yet and I'm moving the girls out today regardless. Here's my project for the day, plus gate/board at door to keep shavings in... and finish that roost ramp.

85251_image1-63.jpg

85251_image1-64.jpg

Details, details!

The roost, poop board, ramp:

85251_image1-65.jpg

85251_image1-71.jpg

lights!

85251_image1-67.jpg

Feeder:

85251_image1-68.jpg

85251_image1-70.jpg

new folding run roost:

85251_image1-75.jpg

85251_image1-76.jpg

85251_image1-78.jpg

and the "windows" in action:

85251_image1-73.jpg

And the girls are out! Out of the house! I have to check on them now.... LOL

I just saw this..WOW fantastic! wow wow...
I love all the stairs and the outside perch..
Great Job!
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
This is one of the prettiest and most detailed coops I've seen. Particularly nice is the screen sandwiched in that door frame photo. It looks tight and straight. Very nice and thanks for sharing.

Yours is one of my favorite BYC coops. Love the design, color and mostly that cute banner. I am so stealing that idea. I making one for mine too. So whimsical.

Quote:
Oh, lucky you, you can sew - you can make them for every season! I bought mine on Etsy, just searched for bunting flags and there are lots of cute ones! And thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom