my ameraucana is laying jello like eggs? please help

yoderfarms

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 16, 2015
Millersburg, IN
My Coop
My Coop
My ameraucana started laying eggs 9 days ago. For 3 days she layed normal eggs. after that I found 1 jello like egg in the nesting box and haven't found till today. I found her out back laying another jello like egg. before I could get to the egg the barred rocks I have got to it and ate it. so, she's most like been laying those soft egg for 6 day. she is moving around real slow and don't know what's wrong with her. we feed her layer feed and oyster sheff. someone please help me.

She's a new layer, so the soft eggs are pretty normal. Its also possible that she hasn't laid 6 of them and has taken a day off here and there.
As for the moving slow part, probably not normal if its a recent development. I can't say what's causing her to be sluggish, it could be a lot of things. Maybe related to her laying issue, maybe not. All I can recommend is to keep an eye on her and maybe give her a thorough check for injuries, parasites or anything out of the norm.
Good luck.

Last edited:
there's no injurys. she's a healthy pullet. we brought her in so we can watch her. we will give her some vitamins and some apple cider vinager in her water and see how see does tomorrow. thanks

I'd not remove her from the flock, putting her back in will cause trouble that she(and you) don't need.

Is she moving slow all day?
When my pullets passed soft shelled egg they acted very strange. almost catatonic, until the egg passed then back to normal business.

Might want to keep them confined to the run for a few days so you can better observe her behavior.

Back
Top Bottom