My Ancona girls are two months old!

ducklover700

Songster
7 Years
Mar 26, 2012
Utah
Thought I'd throw out an update on my Ancona ladies; I got their hatching eggs from ToadBrior, and my ducklings hatch on June 27th, and 28th. They're growing up so beautifully! Posie is a lavender Ancona, however she has blue feathers splashing around here and there, as well as several tan spots (like rust?) so I guess that technically makes her a quad colored ancona? (lavender, blue, tan, and white).

Yara, is a black Ancona, however she has a lot of bronze rusting; she has almost a brindle pattern on her head, and in the sun, her black feathers shine with bronze highlights. Pretty!

Last but not least, I have my Buff Orpinton, who is only about 2 1/2 weeks older than the anconas, but she thinks they're her babies and they follow her around everywhere. so cute!

Thought I'd throw out an update on my Ancona ladies; I got their hatching eggs from ToadBrior, and my ducklings hatch on June 27th, and 28th. They're growing up so beautifully! Posie is a lavender Ancona, however she has blue feathers splashing around here and there, as well as several tan spots (like rust?) so I guess that technically makes her a quad colored ancona? (lavender, blue, tan, and white).

Yara, is a black Ancona, however she has a lot of bronze rusting; she has almost a brindle pattern on her head, and in the sun, her black feathers shine with bronze highlights. Pretty!

Last but not least, I have my Buff Orpinton, who is only about 2 1/2 weeks older than the anconas, but she thinks they're her babies and they follow her around everywhere. so cute!

They are beautiful. thanks for sharing.

You're welcome!

They're such fun girls. Posie was my miracle baby, too. she pipped on the wrong end of the egg (opposite to the air cell), but she's growing up very nicely now! ;)

They are lovely! I am smiling cos I can look out my window and see Yara's mom (sitting on a late batch of eggs) and Posie is the spitting image of my drake HoneyBadger. Quite a few of the blacks have mallard pattern bleed-through (the brindly spot on Yara's head). It is a side effect of her carrying one copy of the extended-black gene, which is one of the factors that contribute to random color patterns.

Enjoy and thanks for the update pics!

who did Yara's mom end up being then? Posie seems to have inherited more than just HoneyBadger's looks then, she's a pretty chill girl. She's always the first to come running up to me for treats, too.

I won't be able to thank you enough for them, they're wonderful! :)

Thank you! It'll be tough finding a drake to match them I think.
wink.png
I decided on not keeping one permanently for now, but I'm definitely going to have to see If I can match them up when they're older, with a handsome fella. :)

I'm quite sure they're my favorite breed. I've had quite a few, but these gals have a pretty firm spot in my heart. :) I really love the buffs, and the Swedish, too though!

Thank you! It'll be tough finding a drake to match them I think.
wink.png
I decided on not keeping one permanently for now, but I'm definitely going to have to see If I can match them up when they're older, with a handsome fella. :)

I ended up keeping two boys and three girls from the eggs I hatched from Toadbriar. One of my girls ended up being a boy, so I have three boys. I added four more females from another source, so now I have nine! Lots of Ancona fun at our house. :)

Back
Top Bottom