My apologies to the WalMart shoppers...

When I saw the title I thought maybe you had an embarrassing incident there and all I could think of was the site peopleofwalmart and so I had to read your story, that site is something else! But your story is no biggy, I learned many years ago just to be kind and patient, it is not worth the high blood pressure!

Last edited:
Quote:
I suppose you should be grateful you have somewhere else to go. Basically, we have a Walmart and a Kroger. As bad as Walmart checkout lines can be, the Kroger is a hundred times worse. All the ancient little old ladies shop at Kroger, the ones who move at the pace of a turtle and only write checks, and take 15 minutes to write them.

There are a few tricks though. Shop on Monday or Tuesday morning, or at least before school gets out. Never go on payday Thursday/Friday and avoid the times of the month when food stamps and crazy checks are distributed. The shelves are better stocked in the morning and there are generally less people. Plan well ahead, buy everything at once and don't come back till next payday. Buy all the holiday stuff a month before you need it. Stuff like flour, sugar, condensed milk and cranberry sauce will keep for well over a month, but Walmart will run out if you are trying to buy yours the day before Thanksgiving/Christmas :p

Our Kroger isn't so bad. And we have a Target. The only thing Walmart has that I can't get elsewhere is shotgun shells. Thankfully I don't go through too many of those.
smile.png

The funny thing is that my dad LOVES going to Walmart. That is his idea of fun. When he was going through chemo and wasn't allowed to go anywhere it made him crazy that he couldn't make his Walmart run. The first place he went when the doctor finally okayed him to go out into public was to Walmart. Sigh. My father the adventurer.

Back
Top Bottom