My Araucana Hatch! * 4 HATCHED - Chick PICS!! *

I'd say the darker one is blue and the lighter one may be splash. I do believe both whites are rumpless too. Too cute!

wee.gif

Geeze... I'm just so excited.
smile.png
Crossing my fingers now for those last two little eggs.
fl.gif

You are such an excellent photographer! What gawjy chickys! I can't wait to see them all fluffed up. And you'll post us fluffy pics too yes?
Maybe their peeping will encourage the last two eggs.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

jumpy.gif
Congrats on the hatch!
jumpy.gif

Thanks so much for sharing your pics; I just love seeing babies!

Thank you all.
smile.png

Well, I moved the chickies over to their brooder this AM and when I felt the other two eggs, they were cool to the touch. I candled, and there was no movement. So I took them outside and checked them. Neither had absorbed the yolks. I'm a little sad, but overall I reached my goal. I wanted 4 Araucanas for my small playhouse coop, and thanks to Jody I've got them!
smile.png

I will post pictures of the little fluffies when I get home.
smile.png

First, HAPPY EASTER.
smile.png
Forgot to post that in my previous post.

I'm no master of tuft-finding, but I can't see anything on these guys that is telling me I have any tufting going on.

One more question, Jody, and I'll quit pestering you.
tongue.png

Have you ever had anything come out of your white pens that wasn't white? One of these guys is totally yellowish white like my Rhode Island Whites were at hatch, but the other one has very light gray on the top of its back and a little bit of reddish tone around its face, and then along its back outlining that gray. Almost like a very diluted coloration. Quite interesting, and very hard to capture in pictures. Will it eventually just turn white, even though it has this underlining of another color going on?

4fluffyaraucanas1.jpg

I ran out of paper towel and will be grabbing some from the store later today -- what a day to run out! OK, so in the first photo here, the not-quite-white chick is the one inbetween the blue and the splash.

4fluffyaraucanas2.jpg

In this photo, not-quite-white is standing above the splash.

Me too, Mahonri.
fl.gif
And thanks! If these are one of the breeds you can tell by looking at the quill feathers at hatch, then I know I have at least one of each. If I end up with an extra roo, the lesser quality one will end up joining my EEs. I'll be sure to ask the folk here on BYC which one that is when the time comes.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom