My babies are here!!!! - First time chicken owner!

BackyardBirds720

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 16, 2008
North Central Florida
Hello,

So I had to let my joy be known!

I got in the mail today chickens - the post office for my town called up and was kind of laughing since I guess they don't get many chickens mail order.

None the less I ordered from Cackle, and they came a day earlier than expected - but all is going well. I ordered 15 and have ended up with 16. Seven Australorp pullets, Six Buff Orpington pullets, and Three Buff Orpington Cockerels.

They are abosolutly adorable. We got a green tote, thermostate, some paper towels, a feeder, 20% chick feed. We sprinkeled the feed around and tommorow will put it in the hopper thingy.

But I will post pics soon they are so cute! Orps are all yellow, and the Aussies are black and yellow. And I am impressed with Cackle.

So happy!,
Craig

Congrats! You are now considered a "mommy"! I hatched chicks out from my two goofy Silkies!
ep.gif

Welcome to BYC.
Sure has been a lot of folks from central Florida today.
When mine came in the post office called me and said "We have a bunch of hot chicks waiting here for you"
Good luck.

"We have a bunch of hot chicks waiting here for you"

A PO with a sense of humor. Nice!

Congratulations on your new babies - post pics!
bun.gif

Yayy! Congratulations and good luck! I'm expecting, too. 4 chickies next Tuesday from My Pet chicken: a RIR, a Golden laced Wyandotte, a Barred Plymoth Rock and a Red Sex-Linked, all girlies, since roosters aren't allowed in the city I live in. Keep us posted!

How exciting!! I am expecting 9 chicks on Thursday, they should be shipped out tomorrow. I was on the phone with Ideal today, because they ended up charging my ATM card twice! She mentioned they were really busy today with the hatch. When I hung up, I realized... my new babies were hatching!! I hope they arrive ok. Anyway, they took off the double charge so all is well. I'm just dying to get my chicks! The wait is KILLING me!!
jumpy.gif

One of my Buff Orp pullets passed away. She was too stressed I am guessing...

I quarenteened her, and gave her a heat source, water, food, and oatmeal. But she would have none of it. It's sad to loose one...

I am now 15 for 16 and two days into it.

Congratulations on 15, hang in there , the first 24 to 48 hours are the toughest but it gets alot better and real quick too. Enjoy those babies and you know the rules---- if you tell us you have babies, you must share pics too! Trudy

Back
Top Bottom