My Babies are here!!! *pic Heavy* I have now lost 6! :(

Critter Crazy

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
Binghamton, NY
yippiechickie.gif
Yay!!! The babies are all here!! I ordered 20 birds, but only 19 alive. The dead one, is one of the Golden Pencled Hamburgs:( But not too bad!! So far they are all doing great! Running around an chirping like crazy!!
This is what I ordered, they are from Ideal:
Golden Campine, Pullet 2
Golden Lakenvelder, Pullet 2
Blue Cochin, Pullet 2
Golden Laced Cochin, Pullet 2
Partridge Cochin, Pullet 2
Jersey Black Giant, Pullet 2
Blue Hamburg, Pullet 2
Golden Penciled Hamburg, Pullet 2
Gray Silkie Bantam, St Run 2
Buff Laced Polish, St Run 2

Here are the pics! Enjoy!
jumpy.gif

100_8946.jpg

100_8950.jpg

100_8951.jpg

100_8953.jpg

100_8959.jpg

100_8960.jpg

100_8962.jpg

100_8968.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and forums in general. Not sure if you could help but maybe point me in the right direction?
I have taken in an abandoned baby chick and am raising him. I live in Hawaii and there are stray chickens all over the place. First time I have ever done this. I've got the chicken mash, a light and a little play pen area for him. I'm concerned about some of his behavior and wanted to check with someone if it's normal or if I should be concerned.
He is quite wobbly and trips over himself easily. He picks at is wing feathers that are just starting to come in. He stretches his legs and wings
a lot as well. He is also somewhat restless. Will sleep for short periods of time and then wake up. He seems generally confused. I've taken him out in the grass and he won't really follow me but does search around, eat ants and other bugs. He is eating and drinking just fine in his play pen.
Is this normal baby behavior?
Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

Hi Kenzmarie,
You will probably get more responses if you start a new thread under the Raising Baby Chicks section. I'm fairly new to chickens and really can't offer much advice. Is it a young chick? (still pretty fuzzy)
Sorry not to be of much help. It does sound like normal baby chick behavior.
Terry

sad.png
I have lost my 2 Golden Penciled Hamburgs, my 2 Golden Campines, 1 bue hamburg, and i grey silkie. They were the smallest of the group, and the least active. But they looked to be improving! I am so sad. My son is in tears.

Back
Top Bottom