My babies are here!!!! (Pics Added!)

skya328

Songster
11 Years
Nov 10, 2008
Dallas, TX
We weren't expecting them until tomorrow. The PO just called my friend and said to come get them!
ya.gif
I am SO excited!! How am I ever going to concentrate on work the rest of the day?

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get home.
wee.gif

Edited to update subject - pictures.

Last edited:
I told my boss that the babies were at the PO and I had to leave early. I'm outta here at 3:30. A friend of mine is picking them up at the PO at 2:30.
celebrate.gif

Here are pics of the babies. Today was our original ship date, but they showed up today instead! DH is happy, but not as vocal about it as me. Go figure!

We got 5 Ameraucana, 2 mottled java, 2 RI White, and 2 red Chantecler pullets. Lets hope they're all pullets!
fl.gif

In the packing box inside the brooder
P1010797.jpg

P1010800.jpg

Still with the packing box and packing "straw" (No packing peanuts in the shipping box!)
P1010801.jpg

KNOCKED OUT!
P1010825.jpg

P1010816.jpg

P1010829.jpg

AWW! They are so cute! I love how when they sleep they literally just pass out...I always worry when the young chicks are sleeping because they look dead...
smile.png

Soooo cute! I never thought about using that puppy training potty training stuff for the brooder "bedding". That probably works out great for the first 2-3 days with the chicks! Very clever...

Quote:
Thank you! I read about using them somewhere on BYC, of course! We were going to do the shavings & paper towel thing, but this seems to work out so far. And they're relatively cheap at TSC.

Back
Top Bottom