My babies are here!

mbleily

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Idaho
Hi,
I am new to forum and I have been reading and learning even though I have had chickens many times before this. I love them and what to have a good flock of layers.
My SIL and I ordered the rainbow layers form Meyer. We got 25 each and I got an amerurcana rooster. Hoping we would get a lot of Amerurcanas. I think I got 7 and SIL got a couple. She wanted Buff Orphingtons and so she took most of the buff colored ones. Some of these babies already had had wing feathers so we could tell that they were buff something anyway. I have one that had tail feathers too.
I am guessing at what they are going to be. I have a site I have put up pictures and would like you to look and see what you think some of them are going to be.
http://www.bleilysgems.com/Chickens/

I am so happy I just like to sit and watch they run around being silly. LOL
thanks for looking.
Micki in Idaho where it is trying very hard to be Spring!

Did you look at the pictures? I love trying to figure them all out.
Thanks for the welcome!
smile.png

Micki

The White ones could be Delaware. The one with lots of colors on its back and green legs is an Egyptian Fayoumi, oh I need to look again. The Black one looks like an Australorp. I think the Black one with the stripes down its back is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. You might have a Speckled Sussex in there too.

Last edited:
Quote:
Can you tell me the number of the picture you are looking at when you say the one with lots of colors on it back? Is that the one I called Checkers? If so I have picture of a silver campine that looks a lot like that too. I am hoping the black one is an australorp. I have two of them.
Thanks for looking. It helps to have someone else to compare with.

Any thoughts on the rooster?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom