MY BABY CHICK SMELLS LIKE SOUR MILK- HELP!

agary

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Rhodes, MI
Okay so my baby chick developed a sour milk smell on her breath and it is quite noticeable to say the least- we have 15 and only the one smells- her crop empties nightly and even when it is not full she stinks- she's eating well and her 'poops' are normal without blood or worms or runny- it's been there for about 3 weeks and i have no idea what to do with her- she seems fine (she's 5 weeks old now) but man does she ever smell!!! any advice?! how/ what do I do to make this awful smell go away?

P.S.
This is our first time ever raising chicks and having full grown chickens (10)

I have several brand new chicks and one of them smells like this, has a runny nose and makes a slight gurgle, he/she(not sure if this is the hen or rooster) seems to have high energy, eats well and drinks still, but I am rather scared that something is seriously wrong. She has not been in contact with any of our other chickens, and the other chicks are also showing no signs of this, and they are all about 2 weeks old.

we gave ours some ACV in her water and it fixed it, within 24 hours, they were about 5 1/2 weeks old (another developed this) and it i tell ya it worked great!!! just added a few drops to their water dispenser ( it think it is supposed to be 1 tsp to a gallon or something, you could research it on here and see if it helps- worked for ours!

Deerchic2, I just bought some PDZ & put it in the coop. It helps keep odors down. It is used in horse stalls & takes away amonia smells. I bought the granulated type. It also comes in a powdered form.

Back
Top Bottom